by John Jonelis
What happens when you give kids—kids gifted in math and science—a real chance to bust out with their God given talents and excel?
- What if you trust them to lay their greasy little hands on equipment normally available only at elite universities?
- What if you allow them to direct their own time?
- What if you challenge them to construct their own goals and learn by themselves how to accomplish them?
- What if you dare them to build real startup businesses at such a tender age?
- And what if you throw them into a competition against a panel of critical judges from the real private equity world?
What happens? Good things! Good things happen! They happen here at IMSA – the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. I’ll give you an intimate peek at the inner works of this educational powerhouse so you can see for yourself what makes this one of the biggest success stories in the country. Continue reading